Talent Opening: Content Creator
Please properly review this job posting from beginning to end. There are specific application details and steps we would like candidates to follow as part of the Strategyzer recruitment process.
At Strategyzer, our purpose is to unlock millions of people’s potential to create value for themselves, organizations, and society. We succeed when inspired people find the clarity to drive healthy growth and build invincible companies worldwide. To make this happen, we’ve designed the global standard and platform for solving universal business challenges. We believe our success in achieving this purpose, vision, and mission depends on the quality of our people and culture
From our headquarters in Switzerland, we’ve developed global impact and reach with a fully distributed team that works remotely across 14 countries (with a strong growing presence in Canada (Ontario), UK and Ireland). Our team contributes directly to the unique company culture we have today and is committed to transforming traditional management practices to build a truly great place to work.
We’re recruiting for a Content Creator to join our content team. We’re looking for an outstanding candidate who can help shape our content and apply it to our various platforms and channels. If you’re early in your career, and you’re hungry to make an impact, this could be an interesting and unique opportunity for you.
Team members at Strategyzer enjoy:
- A World-Class Team: Be part of a highly visible, globally recognized organization, and contribute to a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world’s leading enterprises.
- Strong Company Culture: We strive to create an environment with strong psychological safety and frequent feedback structures to allow our people to do their best work.
- Flexible Working: Work from anywhere globally, or from our physical office hubs in Toronto, Canada, or Zurich, Switzerland. We offer flex hours for our team to work when they are most productive and support family needs.
- Growth Allowance: Professional and personal development are vital at Strategyzer. All team members get an annual growth allowance for conferences, courses, certifications, coaching, and more. We also include an annual book allowance.
The Content Creator’s Mission & Outcomes:
This role is for an entry-level content copywriter with an opportunity to learn and develop into a more senior role.
Your mission is to…
- Bring value to our customers by understanding their objectives, providing solutions, and challenging their thinking.
- Build stronger connections with our readers by gaining a deep understanding of what matters most to them.
- Contribute creativity and a solution-centric approach to questions our audience may have.
- Adapt and evolve (as/where needed) existing internal processes for a cleaner, simpler work creating better alignment across departments.
- Accelerate our company’s growth and scale by identifying cross-functional opportunities to contribute.
The successful candidate will contribute in the following ways:
- Create simple, visual, and practical content.
A core pillar and key differentiator for Strategyzer is our ability to make complex ideas simple, visual and practical. As a member of the content team you tell engaging stories with the fewest words possible and the clearest visuals - notably based on our visual frameworks. Media formats include text, keynote presentations and even short form explainer videos.
- Help define a voice for our various (social media) channels.
Working with the marketing team, your role is to translate our in house content to suit our various channels while ensuring it aligns with our messaging pillars. Our channels include but are not limited to: blog posts, newsletters, webinars, linkedin, facebook, twitter and youtube.
- Contribute to a world-class content team.
You will work and collaborate with Strategyzer’s world-class content team including best-selling authors, Alex Osterwalder, Tendayi Viki, David Bland, and Stefano Mastrogiacomo.
Requirements For The Role:
While this is a remote role, you must [generally] reside between GMT-5 and GMT+3 to be able to work synchronously with the majority of the Strategyzer team.
All potential candidates will be scored on the following competencies.
1. You strive to be a great human being.
We want world-class human beings who:
- Strive to show deep care and empathy for your team members.
- Have strong integrity and morals that drive your accountability.
- Are open-minded to the views of others and continuously work to improve themselves for the betterment of the whole team.
2. You perform at the highest level.
These are the technical qualifications we require:
- Experience working with Strategyzer’s innovation tools and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and total commitment to follow up.
- A strong writer and communicator for a fully remote, global environment.
- Able to work in close partnership with Strategyzer senior associates.
- A natural collaborator with internal functions (i.e. legal, procurement, customer success).
- Willing to work across time zones, often outside of ‘regular’ hours.
- Comfortable with collaboration tools such as Slack, Miro, Google Docs, etc.
- Proficiency in design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop not required but considered a bonus.
3. You are a great collaborator.
Collaboration is key to our success as a team. We want a Content Creator who is:
- Incredibly hungry and wants to make an impact with our team.
- A customer-first approach to delivering value.
- Enthusiastic and deeply curious about learning our methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines.
- Adept at building strong relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to help move projects forward.
- Energetic capacity to work effectively at a rapid pace, tight deadline work environment.
- Not afraid to iterate on an idea or prototype if it means we create better value.
- Able to focus on the bigger picture while paying close attention to the final details that will get us to success.
- Fully accountable to what you say and do, are open to constructive conflict and can navigate radical candor feedback.
How We Hire At Strategyzer:
We pride ourselves on a robust, fair, and diversity-focused recruitment process.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t let imposter syndrome hold you back. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and have the experience to match it, we’d love to hear from you. We are in particular looking to encourage women to come and build the next wave of leadership at Strategyzer.
The following steps allow us to find the best fit for this role. Finding the right person is much more important to us than adhering to any deadline, and therefore we will keep this position open until we fill it with the perfect match for us.
Step 1 - Intro from Candidate
Upload your CV in PDF format.
Create a 4-minute LOOM video intro of yourself answering the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
- How do you understand the essence of this role and how would you approach it?
Step 2 - Three Interview Rounds
- Career History
- Mission and Outcomes
- Role Traits
Step 3 - Reference Interviews
Step 4 - Cultural fit interview/coaching conversation
Step 5 - Working Simulation
Step 6 - Offer