The Strategyzer team wants you to join us in building the operating system for strategy for leading global companies. We want to destroy the mess of powerpoint, excel, and word docs currently “managing” strategy, and create one clear, simple system.
You will spend each day collaborating with product managers, thinkers, and developers to turn our customers’ needs into beautiful tools they can’t live without. If you are looking to apply your design skills to a challenging and exciting product, we want to hear from you.
Senior Product Designer (100%)
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Develop design concepts addressing validated problems and user-stories from the product manager
- Validate concepts with customers and stakeholders
- Continuously improve pattern library
- Develop fully fleshed out designs and prototypes
- Spec for production and co-ordinate with development team
- Provide critique and guidance for intermediate Product Designer
- Coordinate with other designer stakeholders to develop visual look and feel for this product that integrates with larger product suite
- Help define the processes and culture of a growing company
- 5+ years digital product design experience
- Great communication skills
- A deep empathy for the user
- Experience working across the UX/UI stack, not just focus on UI.
- Experience validating design solutions with users
- Working with a remote team experience is a plus
- Experience with industry standard design tools
- Desire to make incredible products that really work and improve users lives and work – not just making nice dribbble shots
- An obsession with what makes a great product
- Get-things-done attitude an absolute must. No BS, no politics, cheerful attitude, relentless focus on customer value and marketplace success. We have a strict “no asshole rule”, based on Bob Sutton’s bestseller. We only hire people who are great, yet humble, and strive to do the best work of their career as part of a supportive team
What’s in it for you
- Turn a decently designed product into an amazing one
- Lead a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world’s leading enterprises.
- Be part of a highly visible, world-famous organization.
- Working with the creators of Business Model Generation and the leading training material in the area of business model innovation and value proposition design.
- Work with and report directly to a co-founder of the company.
- Competitive salary, health benefits, and $2500 personal development budget.
- Two amazing offsites each year (Muskoka, Cuba, Burgundy, Tunisia, Switzerland, Lisbon)
- Flexible hours from our sunny downtown Toronto office with remote work opportunities.
- Autonomy and accountability to do your job your way.
- Opportunity to grow a young “base hit” product and turn it into a “home run”.
- Define how things are done for the future with room for growth
- Join a world-class team doing their best work with joy and enthusiasm.
What we’ve done and where we’re going:
Strategyzer was founded by a designer and a lover of design – so there are high expectations for this role. Our initial success came from the tight coupling of design and content to create a differentiated product. We’ve been pushing hard to raise the bar ever since. Our work has touched millions to date and we’re hoping to have even more of an impact in the years to come.
We published Business Model Generation and Value Proposition Design, two visual books that broke the mold for business books and sold over 1.5 Million copies in 30+ languages. We built a top 10 charting iPad app (business category), a world tour of training workshops, an industry leading conference, a huge online community, multiple conceptual tools used by millions. We’re continuing our journey platform supporting an online course, facilitated online courses for large enterprises, and a web-app that we’re hoping will become the OS of Strategy.
We focus on helping our customers figure out what’s next in their business strategy through better tools. Our ideal future is one where our customers and team members both do the best work of their careers and thoroughly enjoy doing it!